Official Rules for the
DK Eyewitness Travel Where to Go When Giveaway 2016
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, U.S. territories and possessions, Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United Kingdom, age 18 or older or who have reached the age of majority in the state, province or country of their residence at the time of entry.
How to Enter:
- To enter the DK Eyewitness Travel Guidebook and Global Yodel Print Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), review these Official Rules. Click on the call to action link in the Raffelcopter widget and enter your email address for entry. For optional additional entries complete tasks in the Raffelcopter widget (follow DK on Twitter, follow GY on Twitter, Tweet about the giveaway, etc). Each task will count as one additional entry. Sweepstakes begins November 14, 2016. Entries must be sent via this website only and must be received no later than December 5 2016, 11:59:59 AM Pacific Time. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of Global Yodel, LLC (“Sponsor”). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries.
- Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
- From all eligible entries received, four (4) winners will be chosen in a random drawing held on or about December 5, 2016 by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
- Winners will be notified by email. Individuals who receive notification of winning must respond within four (4) days, or will forfeit their prize. If a Canadian resident is chosen, he/she must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone during a pre-arranged time.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) winner will receive a prize, each consisting of a set of 5 DK Eyewitness Travel guidebooks, including: NYC, London, Rome, Paris and Washington DC. This winner will also receive a copy of Where to Go When: The World’s Best Destinations; Where to Go When: The Americas; and Where to Go When: Great Britain and Ireland.
- Three (3) winners will receive a prize, each consisting ofa copy of Where to Go When: The World’s Best Destinations; Where to Go When: The Americas; and Where to Go When: Great Britain and Ireland.
- In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsors reserve the right not to award the prize.
- This Sweepstakes is open to residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, U.S. territories and possessions, Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United Kingdom, age 18 or older who have reached the age of majority in the state, province or country of their residence at the time of entry.
- Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in anyway involved in the development, production, or distribution of this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
- No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed. In the event of unavailability, Sponsors may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- All expenses, including taxes (if any), related to receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) and if so, the Affidavit must be completed and returned within fourteen (14) days of notification or winners will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected.
- By accepting a prize, winners grant to Sponsor the right to use their names, likenesses, hometowns, and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, including posting on the Sponsor’s website, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By competing in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, or the agencies of any of them and the authors and/or editors of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
- Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and by entering the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
For the name of the winner, check www.globalyodel.com after January 5, 2016.
Global Yodel, LLC
P.O. Box 231
Anacortes, WA 98221